Mysterium is so excited to be bringing this completely re-imagined production to the Depot Playhouse stage!
Directed and Music Directed by Tyler Stouffer
Auditions will be held October 22nd & 23rd with invited callbacks on October 25th!
· Auditions will be held from 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm on MONDAY OCTOBER 22nd & TUESDAY OCTOBER 23rd
· UPDATE: The audition location will be
The La Habra Community Center
101 W. La Habra Blvd.
La Habra, CA 90631
· Callbacks will be held by invitation only on THURSDAY OCTOBER 25th from 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
· Rehearsals start MONDAY NOVEMBER 5th at 6:00 pm
· The show runs JANUARY 11th - FEBRUARY 3rd
· Please prepare 32 bars (1 minute) of a song in the style of the show. An accompanist will be provided. Karaoke tracks are permitted but should be a last resort. No a cappella singing please.
· ALL ROLES are open to non-union talent, there is no pay for SEUSSICAL.
· Please bring a Headshot or picture and a resume to your audition.
· Please review the full rehearsal calendar and bring a list of ALL CONFLICTS you have for the rehearsal process with you to your audition.
· Seeking performers of ALL AGES
· Performers of all ethnicities are encouraged to audition
THE CAT IN THE HAT - (Seeing Male and Female for this role) The Cat is the epitome of mischief. Must have strong comic and improv abilities and enough stage presence to really carry the show. Acrobatic skills/tumbling a plus!
JOJO - (Seeing Male and Female for this role) The Mayor's son to play age 8-12. He is a thinker who's thinks often get him in trouble. Looking for a very strong stage presence. Vocal range is soprano/alto, so unchaged boys voices.
HORTON THE ELEPHANT - (Male) Horton is the definition of heart. He cares so much for everyone around him, be it an egg or an invisible world. Even though the world seems against him, he doesn't seem to let it bother him. Vocal Range: Baritenor
GERTRUDE MCFUZZ - (Female) Gertrude is a plain girl-bird in the Jungle of Nool. She is rather self-conscious of her one-feathered-tail and Horton is the apple of her eye, even though he barely notices. She eventually learns it's not about what's outside, but what's inside that counts. Fun quirky character actress is needed. Vocal Range: Soprano
MR. MAYOR - (Male) He's the Mayor of Who, why he's just been elected. Mr. Mayor is and uptight dad in the most quirky way possible. Very animated in his mannerisms. Vocal Range: Baritone
MRS. MAYOR - (Female) Has the same uptight quirkiness as Mr. Mayor with the added layer of Motherly love. Vocal Range: Soprano
MAYZIE LABIRD - (Female) She exudes star power. Mayzie is very comfortable with her sexuality and loves being adored by all around her. She isn't the best influence on Gertrude and also ends up abandoning her egg, because she thinks that's whats best. Vocal Range: Mezzo Belter
SOUR KANGAROO - (Female) Sour is the diva that rules the jungle. What she says goes! She is very set in her ways and nothing can change her mind. Vocal Range: Brassy Belter
BABY KANGAROO - (Seeing Male and Female for this role) To play Age 6. The Sour Kangaroo's sassy child. Exudes all the sass and flair of their mother.
GENERAL GENGHIS KAHN SCHMITZ - (Male) The General of the Military Academy and the Butter-Side-Uppers. Larger than life presence, a real caricature of an army general. This actor also doubles as Judge Yertle the Turtle. Vocal Range: Baritone
THE BIRD GIRLS - (Female) a trio of narrator/backup singers for the story. Somewhere between Vegas Showgirls and Motown backup singers. Must be incredible at learning/holding harmony. Vocal Range: Soprano, Soprano 2, Alto
THE WICKERSHAM BROTHERS - (Male) A trio of Monkey brothers who love to cause trouble in the Jungle of Nool. They're sort of the posse of the Sour Kangaroo. Must be very strong at learning and holding harmony. Experience with skateboard, rollerblading, heelies, etc. a plus! Vocal Range: High Tenor, Baritone, True Bass
ENSEMBLE - (Female and Male) The ensemble will play a variety of fun characters from circus creatures, jungle animals, and whos. Seeking performers of all shapes and sizes who are very versatile. From the ensemble we will cast The Grinch and Vlad Vladikoff.